Where can baby safely be? is a question my mom encouraged me to think about. She would say, “honey, sometimes it’s important to just know where you can put the baby down for a second and know he’ll be safe.”
At first, I felt like I was the only safe place for baby, which meant I was never really without him in my arms. Now, I often think of all the safe (& fun) places he can be so I can enjoy him while also having a moment to myself or free hands to get things done!
- The Boppy Newborn Lounger— truthfully, this is my favorite newborn item. What a comfortable, cuddly pillow. Baby must be supervised, but I found it to be a nice pillow to place him on while I cooked or sat next to him. Honestly, when are they making some in adult sizes!?
- This playmat. My son loved the singing bird and hanging animals. He still gets excited about them. When he couldn’t really roll around, I also knew he would pretty much remain on that mat.
3 ish months:
- A reclining chair. This one straps him in, and he loved the dangling toys in front of him. By this age, he was more than ready to be a little more upright. I often placed him in the middle of my kitchen island while cooking. Obviously, it’s important to buckle them in and supervise.
- A Bumbo! This is great once baby can hold up their head.
- An activity center. I was told not to get a bouncy one due to his hip development. We were really happy with this one, which had music and lots of toys to play with!
- A big plush blanket with toys and books spaced around. This helped our little guy get stronger at rolling over and start his attempts at crawlingl.
- A pack n play. Obviously, you could use this much earlier, but I found once he could sit up, he really started to enjoy hanging out in there with toys!
- A high-chair. He LOVES sitting in his and banging on his tray.
Where else does your baby love to spend time?
Please note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.